Keep yourself and your loved ones safe this season with a little safety knowledge from the Canada Safety Council. 

*  Choose decorations that are flame-retardant,
non-combustible and non-conductive.
*  Avoid using angel hair (glass wool) together with
spray-on snowflakes. Highly combustible!

*  Use only indoor lights for indoors which are
Canadian Standards Association (CSA) certified.
*  Don’t use electric light strings/sets on metallic
*  Turn off all tree and display lights before retiring
for the night or before leaving the house.

*  Place candles away from absolutely anything that
could catch fire.
*  Never leave burning candles unattended.
*  Put candles in sturdy holders on a stable surface,
well away from drafts, curtains and children.

Electrical Outlets
*  Don’t overload wall outlets.
*  Make sure cords are CSA certified.
*  Discard any defective cords.
*  Insert plugs fully into outlets. Poor contact may cause overheating or shock.
*  Don’t coil or bunch an extension cord which is in
use, and do not run it under carpets or rugs.

Share This

Share this post with your friends!